Now that summer is winding down, days are shorter again, and evenings are crisper, it’s time to start thinking of all the fun and entertainment that is available in Central Oregon throughout September and October.
Here at Long Hollow Ranch, we think of the fall months as our favorite time of year. Typically, the temperatures are more temperate with cool nights and balmy days. The rush of summertime activities is slowing down and a more relaxed feeling takes over the ranch. But, there is still plenty to do in the Bend, Redmond, and Sisters area; street fairs, food tastings, recreational events, art shows, music festivals, cultural events, and just a general celebration of the season abound in Central Oregon.To name just a few of them:
- Fall Street Festival on September 13th and 14th : The 7th Annual Fall Street Festival that features an assortment of arts, crafts, and food benefiting the Sisters High School Visual Arts Department.
- Fresh Hop Festival on September 27th: Located at Sisters Village Green Park, the 5th Annual Fresh Hop Festival features brews from around the state of Oregon. Experience the hops that Oregon has to offer.
- Harvest Faire on October 11th and 12th : The Harvest Faire features over 200 juried vendors of arts, crafts, food and entertainment. The Faire covers a large area of city streets with color, music, luscious aromas, and good old fashioned fun. It’s a great time to start shopping for Christmas gifts!
- Festival of Cultures on September 13th: The Latino Community Association presents the annual festival of cultures. Visit Redmond’s Centennial Park to experience a variety of cultures.
- Oktobercrest on September 13th: Eagle Crest Resort presents Oktobercrest benefiting Habitat for Humanity. With dozens of beer, wines, and mead, local food, live music, and family fun, the event is one you won’t want to miss. There is, also, a 5k Beer Run for those over 21. (The flyer is available, here!)
- Bend has a variety of events every week. Just Google “Bend events” and pick your favorites.
While you are enjoying the wonderful fall activities here in Sisters Country, you will be happy for a good night’s sleep in a comfortable room and a delicious breakfast at Long Hollow Ranch to begin your day. Give us a call or go online to our website to reserve your room. But don’t delay, our rooms fill up fast, especially on weekends. We guarantee you’ll be glad you came and experienced central Oregon in the fall!